Before you can begin playing at any Online Casino you’re generally required to make a 1st payment, or a ‘’1st Deposit’’. Each and every payment option will carry its own set of terms and conditions, which you’ll have to follow whilst making any deposits or withdrawing any winnings in order to be safely covered.
There are myriad Online Payment Method options available to you today and the majority of online casinos offer you a fairly good range out of those to choose between. Despite there being some pretty good ‘all-rounders’ out there, it is sadly still the case that there is no one option to suit everyone’s needs at once.
What’s the best method to use?
As stated above there is sadly no ‘One size fits all’ option when it comes to making deposits at an online casino, this is because all options will have different pros and cons to consider. Some will carry considerably lower fees than others. Others will be able to offer you speedier depositing times. There will be some that will claim to be the safest and most secure but then, when it comes down to it, others will be more widely accessible.
The trick to finding the best method for you is quite simply – to do your homework.
Ask yourself some questions like the ones below:
- How have I made payments for other things over the internet so far?
- What bank/credit cards do I have available to me at this point?
- How much do I want to deposit?
- Where am I going to deposit from in the world?
- Do I want to deposit straight from my bank OR do I want to use a ‘go between’ and have my money be deposited through them?
- Am I prepared to pay a little more in fees in order to have speedier transactions or better anonymity?
- How important are experience, good will and a good reputation to me when it comes to choosing a payment method?
There are more things to consider but these will definitely help you to narrow down the list of available choices.
Is depositing online safe?
It is essential that you always choose a properly regulated and licensed online casino and you use a well trusted payment method but yes, as long as you bare those things in mind, then it is perfectly safe to deposit money online.
If you choose to use an E-wallet payment solution like Skrill, Neteller or PayPal then you won’t even have to use your credit or debit card. This will give you an additional layer of security, as, not even the merchant will get to see your card number. It also reduces the risk of you spending more than intended.
Using an E-wallet’s not always possible however, as you may not be able to use E-wallet providers in some places in the world. PayPal, for example, follow very strict regulations on which gambling operators they will deal with, only dealing with those who work well within the boundaries of the law and which can prove their authenticity and as local laws will vary from country to country, PayPal will not be available in some of those countries.
If you are based in a place where these E-Wallet options are available though, then they do generally make good and safe payment solutions as they usually have qiuck processing speeds, low fees and as the casino will receive you payment instantly you will be able to start playing straight away! Lots of casinos also offer tasty little bonuses for depositing with an E-wallet too! They do this because they can take advantage of the low fees and speedy processing times of the E-wallet providers enabling them to offer even more incentive for new players to sign up as they can pass those savings on to you.
If you have any issues or simply choose not to go down the E-Wallet route then using your credit or debit card is no less safe than it is when making any other online purchase. Indeed, the larger brands like Visa and MasterCard have numerous extra security and verification features in place which were designed to make using your cards a much more safe and hassle-free process than is was in the past. Something to be aware of however, is that you cannot always withdraw your winnings with your credit card and may have to ask for a check or wire transfer in order to actually claim your money. If you encounter any problems then you can also get hold of prepaid cards such as Paysafecard which can be a very helpful alternative and these can be used in just the same way that a credit or debit card can.
How much can I deposit?
You’ll find that some online casinos set limits as to how much you can deposit at any one time. These limits are put into place to safeguard vulnerable players who may otherwise get carried away or start to go down the road of gambling addiction. You’ll may also find daily; weekly or monthly limits vary between one casino and another.
Will I be charged any fees?
Fees will vary form payment method to payment method and it will be in your hands which you choose and why. Some may charge a higher rate but have a particular function or feature which you feel is important. Whereas others may charge almost nothing but will miss out those features. Our advice here is to do some further homework, as, until you have decided what it is specifically that you want and need from a provider, you won’t know which ones are the best options for you to decide between.
What is the most popular depositing method?
As stated earlier, there are many, many, different depositing methods available and different ones are popular for different reasons.
Here are just a handful of the most widely used options:
- Visa – Accepted in over 200 countries and by nearly all Online Casinos, Visa is easily one of the most recognisable brands available and ought to be readily accepted everywhere that you see the Visa logo.
- MasterCard – Established way back in the 1960’s as ‘’The new way to make payments’’ MasterCard’s been one of the chief payment providers both on and offline since and can be used to make payments at most Online Casino’s.
- PayPal – Massively popular as an E-Wallet choice, PayPal has over 188 million users worldwide today. Only collaborating with fully licenced operators, if you see the PayPal symbol, you can be sure that, whichever online casino you’re at, they are a trustworthy site.
- Neteller – Supporting all major global currencies and available now in 180 countries, Neteller has, since its beginning in 1999, established itself as one of the world’s foremost online payment methods.
- Skrill – The most commonly used E-Wallet in the world, Skrill make the transactions process easy for users far and wide. They also provide instantaneous deposits and have high levels of security. They display their VeriSign SSL Certificate whenever they are used by a website.
There are many other highly commendable Online Payment Providers. We’ve just lightly touched on a few of the most popular ones.
We again advise that you to do your research (or homework) so that you are better informed before making any decisions about which one would best suit you and your precise needs.
Good luck and happy playing!